Friday, October 17, 2014

New and Improved

I didn't even know if I'd pick this back up after my Georgia adventure...but a friend asked me too, so here I am.  I feel like this blog is me playing at being bigger than I am but,

"I don't need my name in lights, I'm famous in my Father's eyes."

Thank you, Francesca Battistelli. I love that line. Francesca's my new favorite artist, btw. She's a Christian singer and I adore all her work. I discovered her on the mission and I've been listening ever since. 

Anyways.


I'm not really sure what to write. I want to talk about my recent travels, but I think I should write about my mission for a sec. This is more for me than you, but having an audience makes me feel like the writing is more worthwhile. Pretend it's one of those emails you received weekly.

Georgia. That crazy state is holding onto a lot of my heart even now, almost a month later. I want to go back. There are so many people that I love and miss. I'm not going to make a list, but if you're in Georgia and reading this then yes, you are on that list. 

Because I'm not a Utahan, I ended up being the only missionary on my flight home. I had to say goodbye to 6 of my best friends at the Atlanta airport and off I went to a separate gate. Thankfully I was by a window, and thankfully no one was next to me. I was a 

mess.

That dumb plane took off and I was in tears. I was flying away from so many of my best friends. And I knew that in a few short hours, I'd have to take off my favorite accessory - that little black tag that had the best name possible on it - His. I have 3 of those tags and they sit all around my room so I can always see one. It's weird hearing my first name now and for a while I kept almost introducing myself as "Sister Mitton". 

I still miss it. Some people say that after 6 months it'll go away, but I don't want it to go away. I want to love and miss Georgia forever. One day, hopefully soon, I'll get to go visit and see all my friends.

That place changed me. The people changed me. I say y'all now. I don't ever want to eat okra again, but if it took eating okra to get me a free flight to Georgia, I'd gobble up that okra!  

I love the peach state. I just hope the people love me as much as I love them. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we love you as much or more than you love us! You always have a home in Georgia :-)
    Liz Carter

    ReplyDelete